We kicked off Episode 7 with a discussion about National Sickie Day which was the first Monday in February – we can assure you that neither Heather nor Tracy called in sick for this show.
Resources referred to in this section include:
- the website for Mind and their workplace wellbeing resources
- tips on managing absence at work on the ACAS website
- Employee Assistance Programme information
- Institute of Directors’ St David’s Day Breakfast with guest speaker David Roberts of The Alternative Board
- Coleg Cambria’s Guide to Apprenticeships and funding for SMEs
- Factories of the Future Expo
More information about the free courses offered by
- CIPD and FutureLearn is available here on the FutureLearn website
- and the Open University here in the Open Learn section of their website.
Finally, in this episode we profiled famous inventor, engineer and entrepreneur, James Dyson.
“Anyone can become and expert at anything in six months, whether it is hydrodynamics for boats or cyclonic systems for vacuum cleaners.”
“You’re just as likely to solve a problem by being unconventional and determined as by being brilliant.”
“I learn that the moment you want to slow down is the moment you should accelerate.”
Remember, you are the community and we welcome your comments below. Please keep them kind or at least be constructive in your criticisms.
We sometimes earn a small commission if you buy a product after clicking on one of the links in our blog. This commission is used to fund the ongoing costs of the website and Soundcloud subscription.